Tuesday, August 11, 2009

To Jody

My cousin Jody has been posting lately about her cooking adventures. She is living in New Orleans and has been whipping up local fare like a master. Last week, she posted about a dinner with pork tenderloin and as fate would have it, I had one sitting all alone and waiting in my freezer. So, feeding off her cooking bonanza energy, I decided to give it a go. Here are the results:
It was definitely a domestic day. Earlier I made apricot jam and it was perfect to drizzle over fresh buttermilk biscuits, another recipe I swiped from Jody's blog.

I love apricot jam. It looks so pretty and orange in the jars sitting in the sunshine.


The meal turned out fabulous: Rosemary Pork Tenderloin, buttermilk biscuits with apricot jam, watermelon, and spaghetti squash from the garden. Delightful. We snarfed it right down until we could eat no more.
Jody darling, I could not have done it without you. Keep the good recipes coming. I don't think I'm ready for the roux yet, but maybe after breadsticks from heaven or roasted corn grits I'll give it a try.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Okay, your Apricot Jam looks a.maz.ing. in the sunlight - it reminds me of Grandma Adams!! Love it!!! I'm glad your pork tenderloin turned out yummy - I thought it made a pretty dinner :) Also, don't you think those biscuits fell from Heaven?? Seriously, my mouth is watering just thinking of their hot, buttery goodness, lol. But I took a bite and literally pictured my little ones walking to school in the snow with hot biscuits filled with honey in their cold little hands...hows that for a foodie?! Next try the breadsticks - oh myyyyyyy. Thanks!!

Glitzy Glass Stars said...

wOW, LOVE the photographs. How you been? I look forward to seeing you this week. I hope you don't forget to come.

Kari said...

Ooh, I love food blogs! I'm going to have to look her up.