Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Vintage.

What's the haps with us? I'll tell you.
This week was Travis' birthday.
I'm not going to list 29 reasons why I love him because that's just not my style.
I married him and had babies with him, so isn't it safe to assume I think he's the cheese to my quesadilla?
Yep.

Travis shares his birthday with his two sisters, whose birthdays are 2 days before. So his mom had Travis on the 10th, 2 years later had Kristen on the 8th, and then 7 years later had Annette on the 8th too. They share. I'm sure it sucked when they were kids, but these days we have "birthday WEEKS" for them, and the phrase "Well, it's my birthday." is common during the whole week, not only the day of.
Kristen and Annette: I love you like a fat kid loves cake. Thanks for running 3 freezing miles with me this weekend.
Ding-dong. Woof. Bear. Whah?

A few days ago we visited one of our favorite vintage shops (a.k.a. the D.I.) and scored two awesome coats for me. Here's one:That's right, soft leather goodness for $12.00! I love when I find D.I. treasures. Eric and Jana are the reigning king and queen of D.I. but I'm slowly gathering.
When you make a purchase at the D.I. you have full right to say "It's vintage" when you are asked about it, right? It's old, previously owned/used and you bought it. Definitely constitutes "vintage" for me.
Then on Wednesday Clark bumped his little noggin for the billionth time. Walking has proved to be hard on the skull. So he smacked into his doorway full-frontal right in the middle of his forehead and then fell down at the bottom of the stairs and got this little number:


There you have it. The haps.

2 comments:

holly said...

Ah em i love the Haps! When will I ever see you again 1 year 2....? Have mercy!

Unknown said...

I am a D.I. Master!! I would have to say that at least 60% of my belongings in my house are "vintage" finds from the good old Deseret Industries!