Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Boise and Stuff

This last weekend we visited my brother and sister in law in Boise ID. We had so much fun and they really spoiled us with good food and great entertainment, not to mention some dental work on the side. Unfortunately I forgot my camera but Nicky sent me some pics that I thought I'd share:
Anyone who knows my brother Eric knows he loves his quaint accessories. He got this hat out to wear that day and Brenner immediately glommed onto it. Of course we all thought it was cute so we had to get a picture.
This is Trav holding their sweet baby girl Eva ("EBA!" as Brenner puts it) and me in the background looking, as usual, like I've had a stroke or some kind of accident.

Nicky got a killer stroller that I lust after. Obviously Brenner likes it too.

We went on a walk one morning and I'm pushing along my umbrella stroller because my jogger has a bent wheel, all the while thinking to myself "Single or double jogger?" because Travis promised me an amazing stroller of my choice. I figure I might as well go with a double, since Brenner can't really ride a bike or anything and I'll probably be toting them both along wherever. But the double seems so HUGE! Right now I'm thinking about the BOB double I saw at REI, it's pretty neat and has a carseat adapter. Any thoughts?

I was thinking today, it's kinda funny how some of us live through our kids. We went to REI because I have been looking at some Keen sandals for Brenner. He has sweaty stinky feet like his sweet Mother, and so his current sandals were getting gross. (At least that was my excuse for the new purchase) Anyway, looking back on it, I think it's funny how excited I was about the shoes when Brenner could care less about what's on his feet, as long as he can still run-a-muck around the store. Every morning I make sure Brenner has a hot breakfast with whole grain, or eggs, fruit, etc. I try to have a very healthy meal for him to start out the day. Then I sit next to him with my bowl of strawberry frosted miniwheats or wheatchex and bananas. Yes I could cook myself some eggs or waffles along with him, but I do enjoy my cereal immensely. I am absurdly buying 3 boxes of the miniwheats at a time, like I'm storing up for the apocalypse or something, but I can't get enough of them! Maybe I enjoy the cereal so much because my Mother believed the same thing as I do: healthy, hot breakfast to start the day. I do so love her so much for that. Hmmm... something to think about.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I think you would like that one at REI- the carseat adaptor is a nice feature that I love about mine. It's nice to be able to take her out of the car and put her (while still in her seat) in the stroller. You would get used to the size.

That picture of Brenner is so funny that I had to post it on mine too. I love that kid of yours!

ScottNLili said...

Scabs and pregnancy arent fun, and I think im pretty close to being done with the later of my comment. Im done with cravings, being chubby, and my huge, massive boobs. My shirts dont fit, I cant afford new ones, and scotts are starting to get snug. I was so excited to feel wee one move, now I wish she'd take 5 and let me be!
How are you feeling, now that we are out of bug infested waters?

Jody said...

lol your posts are so funny! I love Aunt Julie, I think the hot breakfast is an Adams thing :) But i'm with ya, I could eat cereal for every meal and I'm a HUGE fan of a little bowl of mini-wheats before I go to bed.

I bought the double BOB in February and it is honestly the bestest most favoritest baby thing I've owned. yes it was oober pricey but it's been worth it. I was worried it wouldn't work for anything but outdoors but I take it shopping and everywhere else and it fits fine. PLUS if you get it at REI you can get dividends for being a member and they are awesome on fixing/returns if something goes wrong. Good luck in your stroller hunt!

Cam Ballou said...

Fun! Sorry about the hike - I guess I picked some bad days. We will reschedule in the spring because I haven't had much interest so if you and Lili are in I will definately reschedule. Hope the pregnancy is going well! Glad its not me!!!

The Reimers Family said...

You make me laugh! I love my double stroller! I use it just about every day. I use the long one, not the side by side that looks like you're pushing a golf cart. I like it because Olivia's car seat fits perfectly in the back seat, Carson gets the front so he can see everything, but it's still light enough to push if I'm just taking one or if Carson wants to get out and walk.

The Ballou's said...

Sorry about the trip to the river. Everyone I have talked to says it was pretty much a downer. Are you guys going to make it up there again?