Monday, July 7, 2008

Holiday

This Fourth of July we went to my family's place on the Snake River. (Actually the Warm River) I went there as a little girl almost every year and now as a little family we really love it. This year, even though there were zillions of man-eating mosquitos, we had a lot of fun. It's a lot different when you have a little savage to chase the whole time, but thank goodness for his Nana, who took naps with him and watched him so I could relax. Travis had been working in Island Park the whole week prior, so Brenner and I were very glad to see him and we spent some time together. Travis cooked some killer dutch oven food, we ate at Trail's Inn, and watched the spectacular Ashton Parade. The good news is I found the charging cord to the camera, but the bad news is that it wasn't charged for the parade. I got some good video though. Brenner was on the verge of getting run over in his efforts to collect saltwater taffy, even though his mean horrible mother only let him have one piece. Good fun. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

So we had a great trip with no problems. Might I also add how much I love portable DVD players. Brenner watched "wetters" (Letter Factory) about 5 times and knows all the sounds and letters. Thanks Leapfrog! I hope everyone else had a great Fourth!

6 comments:

ScottNLili said...

Good thing his favorite aunt lili gave him lots of other candy, grapes, soda, crackers, cheese...etc etc, since your the meanest mom in the whole world. We had so much fun with you guys! Next year will be super exciting. More wee's to deal with, but hopefully we can all make it up so the kids can enjoy their first trip together as a new generation of close cousins!

Dave and Lacey said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am glad you guys had a great time! Love the pics.

Kari said...

Oh Brenner is stinkin' adorable! Mesa Falls looks awesome too, I should go there sometime.

We need to get together too! Seriously, call me next time you're here so we can have lunch or something.

Cam Ballou said...

I am SO jealous and bummed we weren't there! Where is White Fish? That is a new spot since I have been up there. We are going to try and go by ourselves for a weekend - you will have to give me directions so we can go. I miss that place so much.

Kim said...

I love the Snake river. I used to go growing up. How fun!

Cathie said...

Hey! Congratulations on boy #2! That is very exciting! You guys seem to be having fun in the mountains a lot! Scott's e-mail is: scottdholt@gmail.com