Monday, March 16, 2009

day in the life

Clark is sleeping and Brenner is having quiet time in his room so instead of laundry or something else productive, I'm going to do a quick post of randomness. Last week Trav and I had our 5 year anniversary. Ahh the best day of my entire life. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys and I think the day I had them was great and all, but my wedding was hands down the best day ever. If you weren't able to attend, just know that the whole day was absolutely perfect. Anyway. this year we kept it low key with sushi and a movie. We are saving up our pennies for a trip this fall and I love dinner and a movie oh so much. Happy 5th baby!
Today I am doing damage control (laundry, cleaning etc.) from a weekend in Salt lake followed by Sunday laziness. I took Brenner on a run in the stroller this morning and hopefully I can stay motivated this whole week. Spring has been creeping around Logan, peeking around corners and lurking at the park for hours at a time, alas never deciding to stay. Come or go Spring, stop the teasing! phewf. So after the run, B decided he wanted to paint, which usually I have to closely monitor because of spillage, eating/drinking the materials and the like. This time I put the water in a bowl and let him have at it.
Success! He had a great time and stayed at it way longer than usual. Big boy.

P.S. I got him yet another potty at IKEA this week. Potty party coming soon.

A few nights ago I was getting him ready for bed and he brought his cowboy stuff out, and Travis, not knowing the extent of my bed time rituals, dressed him up.


What is better that footie robot PJ's with boots, chaps, vest, and cowboy hat? Nothing that I can think of right away. Except maybe wrangling him enough to take them off before bed.

And I can't have a post that is all about B-town. So here is Clark's new favorite pass-time, apart from sucking his fingers far enough down his throat to make him gag. Oh I love him.

A day in the life of Em and the boys.

7 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

Love the cowboy get-up! He is awesome. You are a super-woman to get up and go jogging. I admire you!

The Reimers Family said...

I'm glad that you had a good anniversary. It makes you a more productive mommy when you can get away from the little darlings for a few hours to recharge!

ScottNLili said...

We have that same toy and CC loves it! Time has flown by. She's grabbing at stuff, talking lots more, its amazing. And...how dare you want to stick to bedtime routine when theres cowboy time to be had!

Stephanie H. said...

Whoa, you guys have been married 5 years? Time flies! It was an amazing day, I remember telling my mom to take notes at your reception because I loved EVERYTHING! Happy anniversary!

Cathie said...

Happy Anniversary Travis and Emily! What cute boys! I love the cowboy dress-up. I think Corbin and Brenner would get along perfectly - maybe someday we can live closer. I would take the teasing of spring over the definitely NOT spring that we are experiencing. It snowed over a foot last night and hasn't been above the 20's since we moved in October! PLEASE enjoy warmth for me!

Nicole said...

love the jammies. are you coming to see us?????? i have to show you this house we are thinking about and all of eric's crazy ideas. help!

Kari said...

Oh your boys are too cute! That's funny about your bedtime rituals. I have mine too and when Adam helps I have to remind myself not to try to control the situation and do it all my way.

Where are the hats? I've been dying to see more!