Saturday, April 4, 2009

Em-Style-Steezin!

Success! Today I was steezin. Ok, ok I wasn't exactly "huckin tricks" or "going off cliffs" but I was waist deep in amazing powder, loving every minute of it. I couldn't have picked a better day to have my only ski of the season. My mom and Craig invited me to go and since Travis didn't want me to go through my life always saying "I didn't go skiing ALL SEASON ONE YEAR!" He insisted that I go.
So off we went to Alta, pumpernickel bagel and shmear in our bellies and eyes wide with excitement for the new snow. We spent all morning floating through deep soft clouds. We had to partake of the high-priced delicious food at Alf's midmountain, stuffing ourselves with fries and other goodies from the grill. Honestly, I needed those calories trying to get up after a few falls. My "post baby" (aka out of shape) legs occasionally gave out on me and getting up in deep powder is no easy task. Wah right? So in the end I do feel like I burned more calories than I consumed and I had amazing time gliding around all day. Putting on my ski boots and going on that first run was like coming home, and taking them off at the end of the day was even better. So what if I can't walk tomorrow, so what if my face is wind burnt like you wouldn't believe, the skiing was great and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Mom and Craig!

Speaking of wind burn, here is a picture of my face, although the photo doesn't do justice. I have a sweet line where my goggles were and my face currently feels like it might burst into flames. Hey I made the hat too!


me and the momma


P.S. We missed you Hil and Lane!

6 comments:

Kari said...

Ok, it is definitely time for me to have a hat. I am emailing you right this second to place my order. Yours is so cute! I can't believe how freakin' good you are at making them.

I'm glad you got to go skiing! Adam has been bumming around all year saying how badly he wants to go but never has time because he feels like he needs to work and make money or something. Weird. I keep trying to push him out the door to go ONCE but to no avail.

You look a lot like your mom. =)

Unknown said...

seriously, once we find out what we are having Ill bring over some yarn so you can make me some of those freakin awesome hats!! Just tell me how much you charge!!

Dave and Lacey said...

Yay! I am glad you got to go skiing! It sounds like you had a great time! The hat is very cute too! :)

Jody said...

Gasp...I am feeling so very envious right now. I know how that is - you squish your feet in to those ski boots and 20+ years of ski season memories come flooding back, HOME!! Sounds like you went Sat? Did you see Henry and my Dad? I think there was 2 feet or so of fresh powder - ahhhhh you LUCKY girl!!!!

And side note - your hat is adorable you talented lady!

Glitzy Glass said...

k gosh dang, I need one of those hats. I wish it were colder (but I love the sun too much) so I could wear the hat all the time. Good luck with your sore lets.

Brettjeepski said...

I am soooo jealous...no pow for me this year. Your so lucky!
Hey will you send me your email. I want to see if you can make a birthday present for one of my family members. Email me and then I will show you what I have in mind. brettjeepski (AT) gmail (dot)com