Friday, April 24, 2009

Someone Told Me it's All Happening at the Zoo.

First a little background explanation. When my sister Megan was little my Dad bought her the book The Zoo" by Paul Simon. It's the lyrics to the Simon and Garfunkel song and it's really a cute book. Brenner has been really into books for.. well.. since he could see, and my Dad reads him "The Zoo" often. So we have the S&G greatest hits which has the zoo song on it and B sings the song and it's great and fun and he really likes zoo stuff a lot. While we were in Boise, his Nanna bought him a set of zoo animals and he has been going crazy about them, carrying them around in the container they came in and telling me what each animal is etc etc.
My cousins Lili and Holly were going to the Hogle Zoo last Saturday and since I have been telling Brenner all winter "When it gets warm we'll go to the zoo." I decided it was going to be a beautiful day and we should go. So off we went with Russ, Nanna, and Meg.
It's kinda funny how B LOVES the thought of the zoo but when he gets really close to the animals he is a little freaked out. There is a giant wooden, tribal-looking elephant by the elephant cages that makes noises and is fun to take pictures by and I thought he was going to shimmy right up my leg and claw the skin off my face he was so freaked out by it. However, I think next time he will be better. He has no fear with animals that are smaller than him but anything bigger takes a lot of getting used to.
We had a great time anyway and I'm so glad we went.

I just have to say how much I love taking pictures of my brother Russell. His faces are priceless. Here he is with Cali O'Malley

Another fabulous Russell shot. Along with Meg and Brenner.




My entourage. Russ, boys, and BOB.


The train gang. Nanna, Brenner, Kenz, and the babes peeking in the background.

In the end Brenner scored another set of plastic zoo animals from his Nanna and was happy as a lark about it.

No comments: