Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Afternoon Delight.

Today I thought back to when I was 17 and my Mom let me sleep in and stay out late.
Thanks Mom, you're the best.

So when I awoke to Clark screaming in his crib, for a fleeting moment I wished that I was 17 again, hunkered down in my feather bed, on a Saturday, sleeping the morning away.
Sleepily I threw back the covers and went in to fetch my overly-dramatic child. As soon as he saw me he smiled and stopped crying, and immediately I was thankful for this time in my life.

I love it that my kids find so much comfort in me. It might be a tad selfish but I love it.
Ahh so much to say, so very little time (both boys are asleep)
A few week s ago I was rushing around my house trying to get things together before we headed up to the River for our family photo shoot. I was in a mad whirlwind and Brenner kept asking me where we were going. I must have told him a hundred times before we got into the truck. So I pulled out of the driveway and headed to the freeway, like usual. Brenner was yelling something in the back ground and I was on auto-pilot, just driving. When we had driven for about 10 minutes I finally listened to what B was saying and this was it:

"MOM!! You're going the wrong way! Turn turn turn turn! Udder way! MOOOOOMMM!"
Yes, I had completely gone the wrong way and was, in fact, heading West when I should have been heading North.
It is no secret that I am terrible with directions. I try to leave at least 20 minutes early if I'm going someplace new. Now B is my human GPS, and this is definitely not the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last.

I am holding on the the last snippets of fall, going running outside while it's still nice. When I was preganant with B, my Dad bought him a little camoflauge suit, which unfortunately didn't fit B when it was cold. Heaven smiled down on us when we had another boy who will perpetually recieve hand-me-downs from his brother. Now when we go running, he is all bundled up looking a lot like an Ewok, and off we go.



Stay tuned for a post of the family pictures and an extra special post about driving in Idaho Falls


Here is a photo for your afternoon delight!


He's riding bear back.

No comments: