Tuesday, March 11, 2008

little chair for a little man

This is my morning: Brenner wakes up at about 7:00 or 7:30 and I bring him into our bed to snuggle before breakfast. Immediately, he turns and gets about a half-inch away from my face and says "Pumba? Kingah?" Translation: "I want to watch The Lion King AGAIN"
Although having him watch movies once in a while is a life saver, he also sits about a foot away from the television, which I don't really like. I just hear my parent's voices in my head "Don't sit too close or you'll ruin your eyes!" Even though I don't really think it's true, it's got to be doing some kind of damage, right? So for the last month we have been on a quest for a little chair that we can put back away from the TV so he doesn't migrate to the 'one-foot-away' range. Today we were in Salt Lake and decided to go to IKEA to see if they had one, and I am happy to report that the trip was a huge success! We got him the cutest little chair and I think later we'll get a bigger version of it for us because we like it so much. Brenner was so excited when we got it put together, and plopped himself right down in it. Such a little cute-head.




We also got some fun utensils and plates for him and a pop up tent. Thanks Swedes, for hours of entertainment and sensible thinking. I really love that store and could spend a lot of money there quickly, it's a good thing Trav was there to hold me back.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a cute little boy you have! I love IKEA, I'm like you and can't go by myself or we'd be broke.

Kari said...

Cute! That little chair looks perfect.

I have mixed feelings on IKEA. While I love inexpensive things, I don't love cheap things, so I think you have to be kinda careful there. But we got Jayci's dresser there and it's so pretty and we love it.

The Ballou's said...

Such a cute boy! I am so glad we have a way to keep in touch now. Where are you guys living? Have you seen little Eva? Do you know how Nicole is doing?