Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fountains, Ice Cream, and Boats= Brenner's Favorite Days

I downloaded photos from the camera lastnight and forgot about some fun things we did, so I thought I would do a short recap and post the pictures.
Last week Travis had to do some business in Salt Lake and so Brenner and I went to the Gateway to shop and play while we waited for him. Of course I didn't think about it until we got there but quickly realized that Brenner would probably want to run around in the fountain. So our first stop was Old Navy where I got new shorts and t-shirt to change into, and Brenner accidentally stole a teddy bear. I was on the phone while checking out and didn't realize he was still holding the bear, so by the time I got off the phone I was far enough away from the store that I was bugged but went back anyway. When I told the cashier what had happened, she looked the bear over (it had been dropeed a couple times and had no tag) and said "Let's call it $1.99" I quickly agreed and we were off to the fountain. Brenner was apprehensive at first but once he found a buddy, they had a great time running around. I got a couple good pictures and we had a fun afternoon together.



Sunday we made navajo tacos for dinner and Travis taught Brenner how to have "monster hands". I think Brenner's meal was mostly olives.



For family night Monday we made homemade peach ice cream. I tried a new recipe using buttermilk, which I thought was pretty good but of course Travis prefers his Mom's recipe. Brenner doesn't really have a preference one way or another.


Yesterday we went to Twin Lakes for a little afternoon boating. Brenner LOVES riding in the boat and swimming, but thinks the tube is some sort of death object. We really tried to get him to just sit on it and he freaked out every time. Nonetheless, we have a good time just riding, and Travis got in some wicked cuts waterskiing before he slightly injured his foot. He still thinks he doesn't need to see a Doctor, so I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Brenner and Grandma
Enjoying a cookie between skiiers
Travis tearing it up!
My boys swimming

4 comments:

Dave and Lacey said...

Brenner seems like such a fun little character! He looks like he is having so much fun playing in the fountain. I am glad to see you are keeping busy and having fun!

Cam Ballou said...

I can't get over how freaking cute he is! We missed you at June Bug's birthday bash last night, it was a rager :-)

The Reimers Family said...

You have such a fun family! I could just kiss that little boy's cheeks all day!

Scott said...

Travis-

Are you wearing a Utes hat?