Sunday, August 10, 2008

Small Updates.

I titled this blag small updates when truthfully I have a lot to say. So I'm going to try and cram and smash it all so I don't bore the reader to tears.
First and foremost:
I GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE!!!
Ok I haven't gotten my diploma in the mail but since I'm not walking or any of that business, I'm done with my last class and considered a college grad. My degree is Exercise Science, and sometimes I really hate telling people that. Certain people say things like "Oh you're the healthy type eh?" as they give me a once-over with their eyes. Hilarious. I just want to add a disclaimer on the end that says "Just because I know how, doesn't mean I do it myself!" Nonetheless, I am very proud of myself, and it's been a long time coming. It still seems like I'll be registering for classes in the Fall, worrying about the prices of my text books.
Thanks Utah State for all the good times.
Next:
Travis and I spent the week at home with no school work or jobs to distract from fun. It was amazing. Although we didn't do anything thrilling, we spent a lot of time just hanging out. I made a ton of apricot jam, conserves, and blueberry jam. I know it's weird but I absolutely love canning things and making jam. It kinda makes me feel like the ant from that story about the ant and the grasshopper. I am working to save up for winter and such. Although most of the things I make contain a fair amount of sugar, it's comforting to know exactly what is in the jar I am eating out of, and I find a certain satisfaction seeing all the jars lined up in my cupboards.
Next:
We still don't have a name for this man-child inside of me! So far I like Oliver the best, but Travis isn't sold on it. He likes a few different ones that I'm not crazy about, but then he says he's not crazy about them either. Naming Brenner seemed so easy, so this is stressing me out! I am open to suggestions and storied of how to win your husband over to the name of your choice.

I guess that's all for now. I think there are other things, but they will have to wait because Brenner has locked himself in the closet with the lights off and is calling for me. Such is life. Sorry there are no pictures, but I'll be sure to take one with me smiling and doing a thumbs up with my diploma when it arrives. The cheesier the better, right?

5 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

Congratulations!! What a great feeling to be done and be able to move forward with your life! I'm so happy for you - it's a big accomplishement. As for winning your husband over? Withhold the lady goodies? Nah, that never works :-)

Stephanie H. said...

Yay!! Congrats! I know what a relief it is and how good you feel right now. I love that you are a canner! I'll have to learn someday. I think Oliver is really cute. Good luck convincing Travis!

Kim said...

Congratulations, that such a great accomplishment. I don't have any advise for winning you husband over, but hopefully he doesn't have names like Leonidas as my husband does. Don't worry I'm going to fight this one to the death when we have our next boy.

Nicole said...

Yay Em! Congratulations. I'm way excited for you cause I know just how those classes go in the end. Especially Exercise Phys. You did it! I can't wait to come to your graduation to cheer you on like you did at mine. Hopefully you won't do anything dumb like forget to shake your professors' hands.

The Reimers Family said...

High Fives all around for Emily!!! Congrats on graduating. Now you'll have to post some health tips for the rest of us! If you name your baby Oliver, then he'll just have to marry my Olivia, just a thought.