Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Everyone Loves a Reunion

A couple weeks ago we had attended a family reunion for Travis's Grandfather's family and his 2 sister's families. So bascially it was a lot of people that I had never met and some that I knew well. Nonetheless it was a good time. We stayed in a big lodge/hotel, which had just enough rooms to accomodate the whole family, and we had the whole place to ourselves. We stayed up late and the kids (32 under the age of 12) went crazy until they were out of steam. I love the family, and I feel very lucky to enjoy the family I married into. Brenner had a great time as well, and by the end of the day, he was totally pooped. The other great thing about staying in the lodge was that our rooms were cleaned every day and there were fresh sheets on the bed. I am a big fan of clean sheets- another gift from my Mother- and I really can't think of a better feeling when you climb into bed than fresh, crisply folded sheets. Activities were beach fun at Pineview, the pool at the lodge, fun in the park with "kids" and lots of good food and even better company. Here are a few pictures.

Brenner and Olivia
SAND!

Family Photo

P.S. I might also note that my sweet husband bought me a new camera for my birthday/graduation. I have been eyeing the Canon Rebel XSI and he took the plunge and got it for me. What a stud. I don't mean to brag but it is SO awesome, especailly when my point-and-shoot sucked so bad. So I hope from now on the pictures will be getting better and better!

5 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

You lucky dog - I want one of those camera's so bad :) I bought the traditional Canon Rebel like the year before the digital one came out and since I am married to a Ballou and the old one still works....

Glad the vacation was fun! It is really nice to enjoy your in-laws isn't it? Too bad mine are such...oh, I mean I love mine too!

Dave and Lacey said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thats awesome you had the whole place to yourself! That is great you got a new digital camera! I could not live without an SLR! Have fun with it! Love the pics and the updates :)

Jake & Hillary said...

You will love your new camera!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Congrats!!!

ScottNLili said...

Oh Em. I am so done being pregnant. This wee lives in my rib cage. She stays on my right side, day and night. The doc tried to manipulate her into moving toward my belly button, and she wouldn't budge. What a shit. But yes, my ribs are sore and sad as well. Driving, sitting in class, ohhhh. I want to cry.
And about the mental breakdown, just do what I do. Ignore it. I know I cant get anything done, and im not even going to try. When she gets here, im sure things will work out. And, im going to call your wee Borus Peifski. That might make you hurry up and choose a name :) Just so he isn't called Borus.

The Reimers Family said...

It's a blessing to love your in-laws!