Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Changes

Brenner is now officially sleeping in his "big boy" bed! Last night was his first night in his new room sleeping on his bunk bed, and he did well with it. Being the crazy Mother that I am, I worried all night about him waking up screaming because he didn't know where he was, but he didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning. Wahoo!

We bought a bunk bed that I'm not crazy about, so I wanted to find some really sweet bedding to go on it, and I decided IKEA was the place. Megan and I ventured there on Saturday, and since she had never been, we enjoyed the wonders of swede-land for quite a while. I found some stuff I really liked, and since I'm crazy about orange, I knew Brenner would be as well. I know he cares about the bedding about as much as I care about engine parts, but here's what I came up with:


I love it, he loves it, and I'm sure you are wondering if Travis loves it- he does. After IKEA we went to the Utah State Fair, which is always a fun people watching place. There was some stellar white trash, we paid 25 bucks for some delicious corn dogs, and saw the animals. Just what the fair should be. We also stayed for the rodeo and Brenner cheered on the ropers and bronc riders in true form. "GO GO GO! GET IT! 1-2-3 GOOOOOO" I love the fair.
We also took Brenner to the doctor yesterday for a nasty cough and junk, because I am SO sick of the sickness! It seems like he has always got a cold, and this one came only a week after his last bout, so I said ENOUGH! I am not usually a Mom who takes her kid to the Doctor for things like this but I'm glad I did because the doc said he has a sinus infection that just isn't going away. So we got a sulfer antibiotic and are crossing our fingers that he doesn't break out in hives like he did for the penicillin-based ones. The best part about the Doctor's was that he didn't start crying as soon the Doc walked in the door. There were a few tears shed at the end and that's it- a big contrast from the last cry-fest appointment.
So we are preparing for the baby and although we STILL don't have a name, I feel better now that the rooms are switched around and things are falling into place. My latest appointment was a week ago and everything looks great, so 2 week appointments from here- YIKES! It really snuck up on me. It's been a pretty easy pregnancy, just like with Brenner, so we'll see if this one comes early too. My OB told me to start counting kicks and I wanted to say "I think this baby might be half vampire..." my ribs are really feeling it lately but feeling him move is one of the few things about pregnancy that I enjoy, so I'm grateful for the pain I guess.

No pictures from the fair, sorry. Maybe I'll take some of brenner's new room once I get things more organized. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

The bedding is awesome! You are up to every 2 weeks? Wow! It will be here before you know it!

Chelsie said...

Wow baby is coming fast. We need to get together before. When are you guys home and available?

Nicole said...

Love the orange! Eric's going want that for our bed. Watch out Brenner!

I'm excited for your birthday breakfast next week!

The Reimers Family said...

Cute bedding! I can't believe how close you are to having your new little guy, it flew by (for me of course!)

Kari said...

Cute bedding!

And what the heck? You're 30 weeks pregnant already? Your pregnancy went by really fast for me too! LOL I'm glad it is all going well for you.

You need to come see me sometime. Call me when you're down here. Emily and I are going to lunch next Thursday if you wanna come!

♥Andrea said...

Ballou!! How are you? I'm glad you found me!! Brenner is so dang cute! Another boy? How exciting!! We need to keep in touch! I'm adding your blog to mine! See you at the next company party! hahahaha