Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Counting Down

So I went to the Doctor today for my last 2-week appointment. Only 4 more weeks! Wahoo. You know, I really don't understand exactly why someone would want to be an OB/GYN. I would think the main reason is to deliver babies and make money, which makes sense to me. However, looking at woman parts and listening to pregnant women whine all day doesn't exactly appeal. Anyway, we listened to the heartbeat and he measured me and then asked if I was feeling ok. I told him of course I had a long list of things to complain about, but nothing he hasn't heard from every pregnant woman in the 9th month of pregnancy, to which he smiled politely. Yadda-yadda-yadda see you in a week. That's that. On the way out the hospital door I thought to myself how funny it was that in March it had not even entered my mind that I might be having a child this year. Surprise! What a wonderful little accident it was though, I am so excited and Travis is just on the edge of his seat to get this baby out. And I also think it's perfect timing for Brenner. He played with a second cousin this weekend and cried his little eyes out when she had to go home, so I'm thinking he's ready for a playmate, even if it takes him a little while to grow up enough to play.
A few weekends ago my family had an annual girl trip to Park City, which is always so fun. This year was to celebrate my cousin Lili's first baby, who is due the same day as my little guy. I got all kinds of great baby swag from Nana and we spent some time with the girls. I took some pictures of Eva, my niece and she is just so cute I have to post a couple. Plus she got the cute new hat. I also took some pictures of Brenner on the trampoline this last week. He has a cute new hat as well. Enjoy!



7 comments:

ScottNLili said...

First..both hats and both kids are cute as hell!! Second, I wish my exam put me into labor. What a major drag eh? I was really hoping that he'd say " Oh my!! You'r 100% and 6cm!! lets just have you go down to labor and delivery!!". No such luck. I am ready to be done. Add a bladder infection, and i'd say my time is up!! I am having contractions more and more, but they aren't getting worse, I think my body is just preparing. Dumb body. Anyways, its a race to the finish!! And I have a good feeling you're gonna win :(. I was 10 days late, so im sure i'll go over.

ashley said...

Those snowy wellsvilles in the background make me long for Logan and winter!! Good luck with the baby and we should catch up sometime. I am in SLC now.

♥Andrea said...

Yay Em!! I can't wait to see pics of the new baby!! Brenner is so stinkin cute :)

Whitney said...

I can't believe your due so soon! Your pregnancy has really flown by for me! :) That's wonderful! Brenner is soo cute. I think you should let Trav buzz one of your kids hair.. .it's not that bad! :)

Dave and Lacey said...

Wow! That is coming up quick! That is so exciting and will be so much fun for Brenner. Good Luck with everything. I can't wait to see pictures of the new little one! Hopefully sometime I can see him in person too!

Stephanie H. said...

Such cute pictures! I can't believe your next baby is almost here! I know it didn't fly by for you, but whoa that seemed fast to me. Next time you come down CALL ME! Zach is working full time now so I am all alone and bored on my days off. And I want to see you before your baby is here and you get too busy for hanging out!

The Reimers Family said...

Chomping at the bit now?! It doesn't take as long as you think for them to be able to play together, in fact Carson and Olivia are totally entertaining each other this very moment.