Monday, October 6, 2008

Jackson and the Rest of the Week

This last week has been quite a long one for us! Last friday, the 26 of Sept we headed north to Warm River and to Jackson Hole to see the elk rut. My family has made this a tradition the last few years, in celebration of my birthday, which was the week before, and my Dad's which is on the 28th. Jackson was AMAZING. Every year I can't get over how fabulous the colors are. Honestly I could care less about the elk, but I think it's fun to go watch them boss their ladies around. The trees were spectacular, it makes me such a tree-hugger after I go. I love the Tetons in September though- fantastic. After a full day of fun in Jackson we headed back to the River to spend the night. Originally, my plan was to go home Monday with my Dad and leave Travis up there to do some work, but I didn't want to leave him up there all by himself and he said he was probably coming home Wednesday. So Brenner and I stayed and then Wednesday turned into Thursday, then Friday, and before I knew it, I had been sleeping on an air mattress for a week. It was actually pretty fun to be up there this time of year, and I didn't really have anything to get home to- except my bed, which I missed dearly. Also, having a bathroom a few feet away instead of a few hundred feet away is priceless. I woke up every morning and had to use some serious control to not pee my pants on the walk to the bathrrom. Despite my occasional fits of hunger and complaint, the trip was fun, and I'm glad Brenner got to spend time in my favorite childhood place.

We also picked up a cowboy hat for Brenner's halloween costume (along with boots, wranglers, a rope, and a pearl button shirt) he would not take it off and slept on the way home with it on his head tilted slightly forward so it wouldn't fall off.

4 comments:

Stephanie H. said...

Looks fun! if you were up there on your birthday, you probably didn't get my happy birthday text, so I hope you had a great one!

Kari said...

That looks like so much fun! I love seeing big wildlife like elk. And I bet it was gorgeous there.

Brenner is so so cute! Come see us sometime before your new baby comes! I want to see your pregnant self!!

The Reimers Family said...

Those darn elk hunts, I've been widowed by an elk hunter! Looks so pretty! Your a tough woman camping out for a week being so pregnant!

Cathie said...

What fun - and great pictures! I love that Brenner wore his new cowboy hat all the way home! Crazy kid with his head tilted forward! My Corbin won't ride his rocking horse without his cowboy hat on, but I don't think he would give up sitting comfortable in a car! And Happy Birthday! :)