Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby-Town!

The best news of the week is that I am no longer pregnant! AND as an added bonus, I got an adorable, healthy baby boy. So basically it's a win-win. Here's the run-down for those of you who want to know how it went:
Monday morning the Doc said that I had progressed enough to be induced but that there was no room for an induction in labor and delivery until Wednesday. Apparently Logan is full of baby makin' machines! I was bummed, but hopeful that I would go into labor before then. Of course this baby did not want to come by himself, he insisted on being forced out. So Wednesday morning we called labor and delivery and they said come on in. I was started at about 8:00, and by 2:03 P.M. had produced a beautiful baby boy. 20 inches long, 7 lbs, 15.6 oz. The labor was great, and I got a perfect epidural so I was still able to feel my toes and slightly move my legs but not be in pain. We named him Clarke Travis Fonnesbeck and let me tell you, he is such a handsome boy! Of course everyone thinks thier baby is the cutest thing ever and that includes me. He looks less like Brenner than I thought he would but has so many of his older brother's characteristics. He doesn't have much hair, which surprised me because I thought all our kids would have a lot, but his head is so cute and soft! His doctors say all is well and we are thrilled. The hospital stay was short, pleasant, and uneventful, just how I like it. Travis' Mom brought Brenner in the evening and true to form he wore his cowboy boots and cowboy hat. He kept saying "oh cute" and then went stomping down the hall with someone chasing after him. I had great nurses and doctors and I'm happy with everything that happened at the hospital, but I am SO glad to be home. My mom was able to come and help us for a couple days, which I really appreciated. Clarke is a pretty good baby so far and eats like a ravenous little cute-head. Brenner is adjusting well, and only gets sad when I'm nursing or burping the baby and he wants my attention. He comes running into the baby's room and says "Come on Mommy!" and I have to tell him I'll be there in a minute and he gets this sad look on his face that breaks my heart a little bit. Travis has been great to give him special attention and burp or change the baby while I play with the cowboy.
In other life news, my Grandmother died, and I was really sad that I couldn't go to the services, but in the end I think it was better to stay home, and I don't think she minds. Brenner also discovered that if he climbs onto the bottom bunk, then onto his dresser, then he can climb onto the top bunk. Scary. So I figured we would put the ladder on so he doesn't kill himself with the acrobatics.
So all is well with the Fonnesbeck family, and now we number four.

18 comments:

The Ballou's said...

Congrats! He is beautiful! I love his name too.

Brettjeepski said...

CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for and freaking A your kids are sooo cute. Everytime I see that cute little Brenner I just have to grin. Glad all went well.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! He is soooo cute! You have a precious little family. We are so happy for you, we have been checking your blog almost every day for the past couple of weeks to see if your have had the baby.

Alexis said...

Congratulations! He is an adorable little guy. Good luck with everything!

The Reimers Family said...

Yeaahhh! Congratulations, he is so stinking beautiful, your slide made me a little teary eyed. Let us all know how Brenner adjusts to baby Clarke!

Kim said...

What a beautiful baby, congrats. I'm so glad that things went well for you and every one is healthy. You have such a cute family.

Kim said...

What a beautful baby! I'm glad everything went well for you two and everyone is healthy. You have such a cute family.

♥Andrea said...

Congrats Em! I'm so happy for you and your cute family!

Kari said...

Yay for your cute new baby!! He is stinkin' adorable. I love your pictures! I'm so sad that yet again I never saw you when you were pregnant. Just keep having kids and one of these days I'll be able to come visit!

Congratulations, I'm glad everything went so well!

Cathie said...

Congratulations! He really is gorgeous! I hope recovery is going smooth and you are getting some sleep!

holly said...

Dang, that is a cute baby! When do I get to see him in person? We were gong to stop by on the way home from Idaho but the little darlings slept almost the whole way home!

Brenda Fisher said...

Congrats you guys! Clark is beautiful and we are so happy for you!

I know that Grandma Ballou was smiling down from heaven when Clark came and have no doubt that she was cooing and giggling with him right before he came. Lucky boy!

Loves to you, Travis, Brenner, and new baby Clark! Bridget can't wait to meet her newest baby cousin!

Cam Ballou said...

Congrats! I am glad everything is going well. He is adorable. We missed you at the funeral but you are right - I don't think grandma would have minded! I bet she was with you playing with the new baby rather than sitting through her own funeral :)

ashley said...

Congrats!! Seriously someday I must see you and your cute family!

Stephanie H. said...

Oh my goodness, he is a pretty baby! I am very happy for you! Callie and I want to come visit you. Maybe next week? I will call you soon. Congratulations!!!!

ScottNLili said...

Hooray for boys!! Oh man em, he is a gorgeous little boy. Im shocked he doesn't have hair! But he does have a perfect little head, so thats ok. Im glad everything went well, and that you're all doing great. We need to get the wee's together for a photo shoot soon! Tonya said the 1st...is that gonna work? PS. i still need to know when you are blessing him, im getting my invites made, and I dont want to do it on the same day, just in case family wants to come to both :)

Whitney said...

CONGRATS!!! I knew you were due soon, but couldn't remember exactly! I am so happy for you and glad that things went so smoothly! That's awesome! Clarke is so handsome, I cant stand it! Congrats again you guys!!

K'Lyn said...

Congratulations! Travis is it was so exicting to see you in L & D as you were getting ready to welcome that sweet baby boy into your family. Glad your beautiful wife is doing so well. We are interested to see how Hank adjust to our new one when he arrives in the next few weeks. Both your boys are adorable you two.