Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

Since we had a baby a week earlier, we decided to stay home for the holiday, and that way we didn't have to commit to going to any one grandparent's house. So late Wednesday night Travis and I went grocery shopping for the feast while Aunt Kristen stayed home with the children. (Yeah CHILDREN, plural. Weird.) Thursday we sat around in sweats and watched movies and played games and had a great time and I cooked up a lovely dinner for us. We tried to downsize and bought just a turkey breast and small amounts of everything else, but of course we had a ton of food and filled the fridge with leftovers. One of the things that makes Trav and I a great match is his love and my distaste for leftovers. I would rather throw away food the very night I cook it than stick it in a tupperware and find it a couple weeks later tucked in some dark corner of my fridge. It's not that I don't know it's there, I just don't want to crack the lid and smell the disgusting fumes of the food that was once delicious and palatable. Travis, on the other hand, loves a good tupperware full of slop from the previous nights. Don't get me wrong, my man loves good food. I don't know anyone with a better palate for good quality sushi. Anyway enough about that. I made all the traditional food, and even made stuffing for Travis even though I don't like it. Everyone was happy with the meal and it all went off without a hitch, which pleased me immensely. So here's the proof that I did it:


Brenner's hack

"The Spread"

And this is how Clarke enjoyed the day. (He's a sleepy-head)

6 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a severe dislike for leftovers and cleaning out the tupperware :) Hope you and baby are doing well.

Dave and Lacey said...

Congratulations! All of the pictures of the new little one are so cute! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. I am impressed with the wonderful meal you prepared!

Kari said...

Wow, tablecloth and everything! Your feast looks delish!

Last year we stayed home since Jayci was so new and I liked it so much better than this year's ridiculously large family dinner.

ScottNLili said...

Thats the way to do it. Stay home in your pj's and veg. Im so glad I was able to see you guys where you were down last weekend. Clarke is just so sweet, and Brenner..well. He's still my favorite Cowboy. :) I hope things are still going well, tell Trav we say hello! See you soon lady!

Stephanie H. said...

Look at you, making a big feast right after having a baby! Gosh BOTH your boys are so cute!

Nicole said...

Oh Em, I love your writing. We always get a good laugh when we check out your blog. Funny about the leftovers...Your mom cooked something new for breakfast lunch and dinner the whole Thanksgiving weekend. Then when Eric and I got home we ate the leftovers from Thanksgiving for lunch and dinner!