Thursday, September 10, 2009

Nap Time Getaway

Occasionally, I get both my little curtain climbers to nap at the same time. Bliss.
So, I'm going to do a quick post and then do... whatever I want until they wake up. Before I had Clark, I would lay with B until he fell asleep, watching his eyelids getting heavier and heavier until they finally touched his bottom lid, sending him off to dreamland. Often I was impatient for this small phenomenon, watching and waiting so I could slip away and do some cleaning or homework or some other nasty task. But lately, after I feed Clark and send him in his dreamland boat, I go to Brenner's room to lay next to him. I have much more patience these days, and my house is messier and there are other things to do, but ahh, to see him sleeping is quite magical. And then when he falls asleep I sneak out and instead of doing something distasteful and dreaded, I do something I feel like doing. Today it's blogging, but other days it might be surfing the net, or painting my toenails, or yes, even cleaning up the house a bit. I think it makes me a better Mom.
Anyway, as if you haven't seen enough pictures of us at the River, I thought I would share some more. And a few other snippets as well.



B's new hat for the year, made by yours truly
Family picture!
It's not often that I let a boy get this sticky and messy, but things happen when you're at Grandma's house....

7 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Love the family pic. You are soooo gorgeous, Em!

ScottNLili said...

Leave it to Eric to build a double swing :)
Love ur guts!
PS. Cousins Zoo day. Friday the 18th. Be there.

April said...

That hat is so stinkin' cute! Your family picture turned out really well.

Rebecca said...

The Family picture is awesome!! I love reading sbout your family and what you are up to.

Nicole said...

Hey, just read your whole blog page. Excellent writing. Loved it. Nicole posted some pics of your cute kids on our blog. When are you coming up here? I talked to mom about coming next mon-thurs. How about you guys too? We'll be moved in hopefully with lots of room. Love you

Kari said...

You are so pretty! And thin! Jealousy is bubbling inside me. ;)

I totally think it's better to cherish the moments of free time rather than dread them. Jayci still takes two naps so for the morning nap I try to do something useful but during the afternoon nap I usually catch up on something Tivo'd. I love my time during the afternoon nap!

K'Lyn said...

Love the family picture! And that messy face. Way to go on the hat!