Thursday, November 5, 2009

Savages

I'm not usually one of those Moms who has to buy and/or make matching outfits for her children, but I decided it would be easier to just make both the boys indians. Of course, I had the idea and bought the fabric and everything before I realized how difficult it would be to find accessories to go with the costume. There were no indian head-dresses, tomahawks, or necklace items to be found. So I improvised, as I always do, and ended up with this:



Ok, freak, they're adorable right?
Well, putting them in the costumes and getting pictures wasn't so easy. And B totally freaked out while I was painting his face, hence the beautifully straight, even lines. Also, I spent at least 2 hours making that necklace B has around his neck, only to have him discard it later like a dead fish. I'm sure if Clark decides to lunge for it, it will suddenly be B's most prized possession. We also forgot the bow-and-arrow set we bought for the occasion.
We also made some home-made rootbeer and carved some pumpkins.


Shout-out to my Mom, the amazing seamstress who helped me make the costumes.
P.S. I am aware there is a black spot on some of the pictures. It's somewhere inside my camera and I am going to freak if I can't get it out. Any suggestions? I think it's somewhere behind the shutter.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

The black spot is on your sensor. You can either google how to clean it and buy a sensor cleaner or take it to a camera shop and get it cleaned. No biggie!

ScottNLili said...

I am seriously shocked B let you dress him in anything but Cowboy wear!! They are so cute!

Stephanie H. said...

Yes they ARE adorable. And once again you impress me with your domestic skills!

Unknown said...

Cute little indians....