Saturday, January 2, 2010

In Retrospect


Today we took down our Christmas tree.

And put away the cute Christmas dishes.

And took down all the other Christmas decor in the house.
Sigh.
Now the house seems empty, as it always does when we put those things away.
I thought about 2009. It has been a good year for our family. I thought about how last year at this time, I was blissfully living in Logan, unaware of what was to come. I was also blissfully nursing my little tiny baby, who has suddenly grown into a little boy right before my eyes. Funny how that happens.
Now our small family is in a different state- literally and figuratively speaking, and although I still miss Logan terribly, I know in my heart of hearts I will come to enjoy living in this place.

In light of the new year, here is a recap of 2009- Fonnesbeck style.


In January we went to Island Park to the new cabin- loved it. Hooray for Mom and Craig for a job well done. We did some light snow-shoeing and watched wonderful sunsets in the toasty cabin.

In February we blessed the little man. Brenner... well... he was just dapper. We also celebrated Trav's fabulous birthday. (Along with his sisters, who were both born on the 8th)


In March we went to the cabin again but with the Ballou fam this time. We snowmobiled, ate, and had a grand time together. I also started making hats like a mad woman and took this picture of B, still one of my favorites.
So charming.

In April we revisited our old friend, The Hogle Zoo, and found a new love for it. We also rode the carousel once and watched others ride every time after that.
We were able to visit Boise in April and spend Easter at Eric and Nicky's.


In May we revisited The river, Brenner learned how to ride AND steer his bike, and we celebrated B's 3rd birthday (a few times).

June brought bathtime shenanigans, and the "Puss in Boots" episode. (A slightly uneventful month for us)





July... July was a blur. We decided to pick up and move from our perfectly wonderful home and neighborhood in Logan to Idaho Falls. (I was totally happy, can't you tell?) We spent even more time at The River, where were participated in our first Fourth of July Ashton Parade- which was epic. We also attended "That Famous Preston Night Rodeo" Which is quite possibly one of my favorite weekends of the year.


In August I made apricot jam until I thought I was going to freak. We also said goodbye to my cousin Henry who is now serving his mission in Missouri. (We took the family photo op. that day)

In September I celebrated my birthday in Hawaii. It was truly a wonderful vacation and I am so glad I was able to share it with two of my favorites: Nan and Meg. We ate well, slept well, and got absolutely rocked by the ocean. Hawaii is magical, especially with toads, "pinkaladas", haupia pies, sushi, shopping, kayaking, tubing adventures... the list goes on and on



In October we went to Boise where Nicky and I took the kids to the farmer's market (SOOO fun, I'm way jealous) We soaked up the last warmth of the year, and ended with the savage children for Halloween.

In November my baby turned one. Yikes. We also trekked out and cut down our very own Christmas tree. We had Thanksgiving with family in Salt Lake and then went to the cabin in Eden. (No pictures of that)



December brought the annual "Lobster-Fest" and a great Christmas. We spent the night in Weston, and B got sick a couple days before so he looked like the living dead on Christmas Eve. In the morning he was in good spirits and opened presents with vigor. Santa brought him his only requested gift: a "whiting-a-queen truck!" Both boys also scored big with the grandparents with books, puzzles, and all sorts of good present booty. They also got matching camo from Grandpa and Nana.


Whewf. That was intense.


2009 you were good to us.
2010, bring it on, I am so ready.

1 comment:

Stephanie H. said...

Whoa. You guys are always busy and always doing fun stuff!