Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mug Shot

Personally, I think a person's choice of mug says a lot about that person. Is it because I really love mugs a lot and secretly wish I drank coffee so I could buy hundreds of them to line my cupboards?
Maybe.
Nevertheless, this is our family's mug shot:

On the far left is Trav's mug. Ok he didn't really choose this one, I bought it at the D.I. for him for Christmas, and I think it's cute and hysterical at the same time. It was fifty cents and I couldn't resist. Anyway it's completely Travis, because it says "Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a Dad" As you may have read in the previous post, his Dad skills are the bomb-diggity.

Next is B's mug. This is what we put his hot chocolate in about 60% of the time. The other 40% we pretend that he doesn't make messes and he gets a real mug with a plastic IKEA spoon to stir it with (too much clinking with a metal one makes me crazy) However, the Nalgene bottle suits him perfectly. It is virtually indestructible, brightly colored, and most importantly, he can't get the lid off.
Perfect you see?

Next is CM's mug (That's CM- short for Clarky Malarky because everyone was giving me crap about "Drama" saying it would give him a complex) CM's mug is an adorable insulated cup with cars on it. He is quickly approaching the destructive "Nalgene stage" but for now he merrily drinks his fiber enriched whole milk in a blue car cup- no hot chocolate for him but he doesn't care one bit.

Now I have saved the best for last. I have no idea where I got this mug but it's one of my favorites. Hand-thrown pottery mugs are a weakness of mine, and this one is little enough to make the hot chocolate a little more concentrated but big enough to be the perfect serving size. This does not imply that I am a hippie, but I do immensely enjoy some earthen products.

There you have it.
What do you drink your hot chocolate out of?

4 comments:

ashley said...

you are hippie. give up trying not to be!

Dave and Lacey said...

creative post. I don't have a favorite mug, what does that say about me? :[ Your kids are darling and it's good to see you are all doing well!

Cathie said...

Hippie is good! How fun to read up on your blog! You have entertained me and I love it! It sounds like you guys are doing well. I like Travis's parenting technique (was it really something that would have burned his hands off?!?) I don't have mugs so I only drink my hot chocolate in a boring glass...truthfully, I would rather eat my calories so more donuts than hot chocolate! :0)

Unknown said...

I know where you got that mug!