Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Travis the Dad


My husband is a fantastic father.
Just this morning I rolled over and said:
"Sweet darling, will you please go feed breakfast to our adorable, sweetheart baby boy?"
It might have been a little different than that, but I can't really be sure.
Anyway, as you can imagine, he jumped out of bed and exclaimed:
"Yes my beautiful wife! I know you had a long night with Brenner, I would be glad to fix a healthy, wonderful breakfast for our youngest child. You look amazing this morning, and your breath smells of flowers, Skittles, chocolate and all things good."
It might have been a little different than that, I can't be sure.

The point of this post is to note something he said to B last night.
B had grabbed something off the dresser and was playing with it and Travis turned around and said:
"Brenner! Put that down."

Although Brenner listens to the first request every single time and never does anything wrong, this time he didn't put the object down. (I'm not sure what the object was because I was just listening to the whole exchange from the bathroom)

So then Travis says:

"Put that down or it'll burn your hands off."

You might notice that there is no exclamation point on the end of the sentence. This is because Travis said it so matter-of-factly that I almost gagged on my toothbrush.
I peeked around the corner to see B's face. At first he looked surprised and then suspicious, and then he put it down.
Mission accomplished I suppose.

4 comments:

Kari said...

LOL. You are so funny!

Adam often says to Jayci, "Do you want me to punch you in the face?" It's quite entertaining because usually she punches him instead.

Stephanie H. said...

If there were a "Like" button for this blog, I would click it.

The Reimers Family said...

It's ok, we tell Carson that he will turn into a skeleton if he doesn't finish his dinner, and we'll have to spend his birthday in the hospital with feeding tubes. You do what you got to do to get these buggers to listen:) I enjoyed the recap of your year!

K'Lyn said...

OH my! That makes me laugh. Not at all what I was expecting. I am still shaking my head and laughing. You are so funny! I like funny people. I guess I like you eventhough I haven't gotten to know you very well...yet.