Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 08

Whew. Take a breath, the holidays are over. I love 'em, but I'm so glad when they are over so things can return to a somewhat "normal" state. We had a great holiday with lots of gifts, family, and fun. Christmas Eve was spent at the Fonnesbeck party, then we came home to sleep and have our own Christmas. Brenner was slow to wake up in the morning. I had all these visions of his squeals of joy when he saw the barn Travis made for him, but he was more concerned with breakfast. Some might say he's just like his mother in that regard....
Anyway once he woke up he was so happy with his gifts, and it was so much more fun than last year. Apparently Clarke was unimpressed by the whole ordeal and was in and out of sleep the whole morning. Travis and I got each other some perfect gifts, one of which included a GPS heart rate monitor for me. No more excuses. I'm excicted to use it, but it will be better when it's not so cold outside and I'm not exiled to the treadmill. We had a fun Christmas day in SLC at my Dad's then my Mom's. Then a few days home and off to the cabin in Eden to celebrate New Year's. It was a good year for us. Kind of weird that at the same time last year we weren't thinking about a baby AT ALL. (well ok Travis probably was) I am so happy Clarke is with us though, he is such a sweet baby and I love him to pieces. He is smiling now and it's enough to melt your heart to liquid lovey goo. Christmas morning I wanted to get a picture of the boys in their matching pj's, and Brenner wasn't too keen on the idea. I have to post these pictures because I thought it was so funny. The first one is the real Brenner, the second one I told him "I'll give you a treat if you give Clarke a hug and kiss!" Take a peek.


Eva sharing with Brenner
My hot babe sister Megan holding Clarke
Cousin hugs!

This isn't Christmas, this is my attempt lastnight to get a pic of Clarke smiling. It's the closest we got.




7 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

Glad you had a good holiday! Hope you are managing to get some sleep!

Stephanie H. said...

Wow I can't believe Clark is smiling already! And Brenner sounds just like the Emily I know- better give him a big breakfast!!

ScottNLili said...

Im sure brenner is gonna start to like his brother. if not...he'll get chubby with all the treats you are bribing him with :)
Sorry we missed you sunday!

Dave and Lacey said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! The pictures are great! That is so funny you had to bribe Brenner to give a hug and kiss!

Kari said...

Oh that baby is cute!!! Please call me next time you're in SLC, I would love to see you.

I think your sister looks so much like you.

Post a pic of the barn, I wanna see it!

holly said...

ya I want to see a pick of the barn too. happy new year!

The Reimers Family said...

I can't believe you found matchies even though they are so apart in sizes...way to go mom! I'm glad your holidays were splendid!