Friday, January 23, 2009

Musings of a Logan Girl

First let me start with the latest happenings. Yesterday I called the Health Department to ask about birth certificates for Brenner and the baby. Yes I still don't have Brenner's birth certificate. Gasp, I know, get over it. So I asked them about changing names and she said yeah just fill out the info on the back of the birth certificate with the change. Simple enough, so I went and got both birth certificates and plan on filling out and changing the name soon. No more Clarke. He is now known as Clark. I sent out the birth announcements and sorry I couldn't send them to everyone, but they were a little pricey. Anyway, for those of you that got one, just mentally omit the "e" on the end. Before the birth certificate thing, we took Clark to his 2 month Dr. appt. He is growing well and the doc said everything looks great. he aleady weighs 11 lbs. He's growing like a a cute little weed. After that my sister Megan came to visit and we went and had a delicious sushi dinner. This brings me to the rant and rave section of this post.
I usually don't do this on my blog, but I am having one fo those "grass is greener" days where I say things to Travis like "Hey you should be in the FBI!" or "Let's move to the East coast." or "I want to be a size 2" etc. Why is it that women are like this? I'm sure there is something I envy about every single one of you. I would imagine that we all have days like this where we look at someone else's life and wish ours was more like it. Why must I be such a fickle creature? I think that, in general, a lot of women are like this, at least the ones that I know, and I think it blows. I am grateful to have a husband that says "Em, you would like that for about 3 months and then ask when we can go home." Which I think is true to a certain extent. I'm tired of Logan and all the same kind of people doing all the same kinds of things! There, I said it. The thing is, I don't want to move far from my family because I love having them close and involved in my kid's lives, but geez I feel like some days I need a little spice! New people and places and things to do! Yikes I need a vacation. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hate "grass is greener" days and I can't wait until it stops raining so I can go outside and play. So I'll leave it at that because Brenner has trapped himself on the top bunk and is yelling for me to go get him down. It's times like this that I realize my life is actually quite full of spice, and with me and my guys, there's never a dull moment.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I know what you mean by "the grass is greener", it does stink. Luckily my husbands family lives in California, so I can take little vacations when I need a time out from reality.

Cam Ballou said...

I hate those kinds of days. Want to trade lives for awhile? Nah, I don't think I could do the baby thing again! Hang in there.

Glitzy Glass said...

size 2 are people really that small? I thought people were joking, it was fun today.

Unknown said...

Believe me you are not the only one that feels this way. I want to move back to sunny St. George sooo bad, but I know that when I get there, I will curse the heat, complain that Anthony is at his parents too often and wish that I had a summer like the ones we have up here in Logan. It happens to the best of us! i think it's so funny that it bugged you bad enough to change Clarks birth certificate, but hey, if you had to go get Brenners anyway, then why not. Why didn't you get Brenner's when you got Clark's the first time, may I ask? I took Alyssa to an appoinment yesterday and she already weighs 10 lbs 3 oz my babies are soo fat! I love it!

Jody said...

Amen! Sometimes I think I need a prozac after reading some postings! But it's good to remember that even the most honest bloggers usually only post on the good stuff making life look too easy.

I miss my family being around. I have no babysitters for a moment of sanity. Jeff is working 60+ hours a week so I am home alone going crazy a lot and milk is $5.55 a freaking GALLON here...if it's any consolation.