Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mini Vacay

We decided at the last minute to head up to Island Park for a couple days to see my Mom's new cabin and see the River. We left Sunday and stayed until Tues and enjoyed hanging out, snow shoeing, and playing in the snow. It was beautiful, and although I wouldn't live there, I would love to spend some time there in the winter. It is quite cold and the snow gets so deep, I think I would buy enough groceries for a couple weeks and cozy up in a nice warm cabin. My Mom's cabin was just finished this Thanksgiving and it is amazing. We stayed in a plush king-size bed, enjoyed some 24, and had some good grub. It was was nice and cozy and I'm so jealous of Mom's appliances and shower!




Before we left I took some pictures of my boys. Brenner looking so dapper in his vest and tie and clark's smiles (by the way I think I'm changing it) They were both really on with the camera so here they are




6 comments:

Dave and Lacey said...

Sounds like a very fun get away! The cabin looks awesome and the area looks beautiful! I am glad you guys had fun. The pictures of your kids are adorable.

Stephanie H. said...

First of all, those are the cutest pictures ever of Brenner! Your trip sounds awesome! We have really been wanting a little relaxing get away lately. It looks like the cabin turned out amazing.

ScottNLili said...

He's starting to look more like his dad every picture you take Em, those boys are lady killas!! And, might I add...that is not a cabin, diggs that good have to be called a house..cabins are old and ugly. At least i think so??

Cathie said...

I love mini "vacays"! Its so nice to get away. I can't get over how much Brenner looks like a little Travis. Great family!

Jody said...

Holy Dang...the cabin is SOOOOO beautiful!! I love the timbers inside, sooo cozy. I agree, hibernating in that cabin would totally rock...some movies, video games, good food - sounds like fun. They did a great job!!

Love Brenner's little vest - that is classic, as is the perfect little grin he's sporting :)

Brenda Fisher said...

Em, your babies are getting so big! Clark is beautiful and I can't wait to see him! I was so excited to get the announcement and I love it!