Thursday, February 7, 2008

blog virgin


Well here we go, my first blog. I figured since I'm kind of obsessed with checking other's blogs every day, then maybe someone else out there would enjoy reading what I have to say, even if it's only my Moms.
I just got back from driving across the country with Megan, my sister, ending up in Richmond Virginia. She was moving for fun and a change of scenery, so she needed her car and someone to go with her to make sure she didn't get kidnapped. We had a really good time, and I must admit the drive wasn't that bad. we left Thursday afternoon and got to the Vail pass in Colorado by about 10:00. Approaching the canyon, there were many flashing lights and signs that said "CHAINS REQUIRED. ENFORCED" Well we really didn't know what to think about that so after asking some questions and getting incredulous looks, we were pointed in the direction of the local Wal-Mart, where we purchased chains. Now here's the part that didn't work out so well: Neither of us had ever seen someone put chains on, let alone tried it ourselves. So after a freezing attempt, we decided to throw the chains in the trunk and head up the canyon, stopping if we thought we needed them. Thank goodness there was a friendly policeman at the mouth of the canyon! This is how our conversation went (we'll call the friendly policeman FPM)
me: "Hi, could you help us put chains on our tires? We don't know how."
FPM: "Oh that's only for the truckers, you'll be fine."
me thinking to myself- wow we just wasted an hour and 40 bucks on these chains that we don't even need!
FPM: "Where ya from?"
me: "Utah"
FPM "Then what ya worried about?! Get in the car and get up there." (This was said to us like we were a couple of idiots)
me: no comment, just got in the car.
So we made it through the pass with no problem and we spent the night in Denver. The next day we got up early and headed ino Kansas. Now in my opinon, Kansas is a hellish state. The speed limit is 70 the whole way through, and it is very barren and empty. Also every time we stopped it felt like we were on some alien planet and got stared a by freaky people. No offense to people living in Kansas or from Kansas but I really don't like it there. The rest of the trip was relatively uneventful, we stopped in St. Louis which was beautiful and fun, also Louisville was very nice. We got to Richmond on Sunday afternoon (and found Eric and Nicole's house all by ourselves might I add) Monday we shopped in Carytown and all got coordinating purple shirts, a picture which I'll post later. On the flight home I missed my connection and they lost my bag, but delivered it Wednesay, so that was good. The problem is that my makeup was missing, which I'm really sad about because it was all my favorite most expensive stuff. So I'm filing a claim to Delta and I guess we'll just see what happens. Anyway I'm home and back to school and most important, back to Brenner and Travis. So that's all for today, I'm new at this so bear with me. I thought I would post this picture of Brenner because I think it's so funny.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well....here's one mom's comment. I'm glad you are home and had a good time. Love the pictures, but don't understand the profile. That must be a blog thing. Can't wait for more pictures, cause I can't see you very often.....hurry up and post!

eric ballou said...

Eric Says

Nice Blog. How come you didn't mention that you went to the University of Morehead on the way out here to Richmond. We had a great time and I can't wait to see the purple shirt pictures.

Kari said...

Yay Yay Yay!!!

I'm so freakin' excited that you started a blog! I love it!

Brenner is too cute! This picture is way funny.

reddoorphotography said...

I love your face. I am so excited you have a blog. Update it alot! I want to take some pics of Brenner in the spring. He is too cute!