Friday, February 8, 2008

hivey

It seems like it's always something doesn't it? Yesterday I got home from school and Travis told me he was a little worried that Brenner was having another allergic reaction to his antibiotics. So we stripped him down to take a look. Sure enough he had hives all over his upper arms, the back of his neck and on his little round belly. Unbelieveable. This is what the doctor (not his regular, some other guy) told us when he prescribed the medicine for his ear infection "Well it's a very distant cousin to Penicillin, there's only about a 5% chance of him having a reaction, and if he does, it really limits our ability to treat him."

Here is Brenner's history with penicillin, he was about 10 months old at the time:



Enough said right?

So once again we get steriods to tame down the hives and we're off to the races. They were a lot different looking than last time, more scary but less of them. Of course he was still a happy camper throughout the whole ordeal, although he cries now when the doctor comes into the exam room and is always quick to say a tearful "bye bye". We were able to get in to see his regular doctor too, which is nice. He was about as sad as me that Brenner was having a reaction, but reassured me that in the future we can give him other medicines and everything will be just fine.

He's doing well today, the hives are almost completely gone, I wish I would have taken a picture lastnight but the camera was in the car....

So that's the latest with the Fonnesbeck family. Brenner is running full speed around the house today begging me to put on "pumba" which is his name for The Lion King. Travis bought in Linkin' Logs today, we'll see how long they last and stay together on one bucket.

Whew! Two posts in one week! I didn't think I was up to it but I decided I needed to vent a little.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Oooh, poor little kid! That makes me sad to even see that. He sounds like such a little trooper though.