Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Weekend Update With the Fonnesbecks

Well it has been a good President's Day weekend. Friday night we went to Salt Lake and Travis and I were able to have our Valentine's day dinner while Grandma and Grandpa Ballou watched the boy. We went to the Gateway to get my iphone replaced and got Trav some hunting stuff from Dick's with his birthday money, 50% off which he was very happy about. Then we wanted some sushi so we went over to Happy Sumo, which OF COURSE had a huge long wait. I really like that place but the wait is ridiculous, I think they should have built a bigger establishment. Anyway we decided to expand our horizons and go to Ichiban Sushi on about 3rd S and 400 E. I had never been there but my all knowing sister- queen of the Salt Lake sushi scene- told us it was good. After eating there Trav and I both agree that good is an understatement, and since our favorite restaurant closed (Pierpont Cafe) then Ichiban is our new replacement. If you go, try the Mars roll and the Ichiban roll. YUM. Saturday we dorked around in Salt Lake, Nancy and I had sad toes so we got pedicures. (Meg our toes are missing yours) Then we went to to Dinner with my Mom and Craig for Trav's birthday. Brenner was a little devil the whole time and then we went home! Whew!
I'm sure some of you know, but for those that don't, Travis and I are nursery workers, and when I say workers, I mean slave laborers. We have over 56 nursery age children in our ward, and that is why we have 3 nurseries. Travis and I work with another couple in the "middle" nursery, which is the oldest kids in the Jr and youngest of the Senior. It's a fun job but it is a challenge. We have some kids that cry, and when they do, liquid comes out every where on their cute little faces. When we get home from church, we throw our clothes immediately in the hamper and wash our hands up to our elbows- just a standard precautionary procedure, as recommended by the Primary Presidency. We had a good group on Sunday though, not too many criers.
Monday we went swimming at a hot springs in Idaho with Travis' extended family, which was fun, Brenner loved it and I'm sad I didn't get any pictures. Yesterday we went to a wedding all day, one of Travis' friends from high school, and then I made friends with him while I was a freshamn in college. I love weddings, and maybe that's the girly girl in me but they are so fun, especially when you're invited to the wedding, the luncheon, and the whole shabang. It was a really beautiful wedding and the food was great so no complaints. Good job Brett and Tiara.
So that's it, we had a great weekend spent with family and friends. What more could you ask for?

No comments: